Saturday, 6 October 2012

NEW TATTOO(S) !

Hello lovelies, 


Today I went and got my second tattoo !!

For those who didn't already know, yes I am inked, and I absolutely LOVE tattoos :D
I got my first tattoo about 4 months ago and have been itching for more ever since. It's safe to say that I'm quite an addict - but then again, I know that I won't end up covered head to toe in them (for example, get sleeves). I already kinda, maybe have my next one planned :3 but I think I'll give it a couple more months for my mum to adapt and get used to the idea first :')

Here's a photo taken just a couple of hours after I had it done...


If you can't read or understand the writing I'll just explain a bit about why I got this and what it means to me... I personally strongly believe in getting tattoos that either have symbolism, a meaning or a personal message to the individual. I plan to have all my tattoos have strong personal meanings and currently both of my tattoos have.

WHAT IS IT?

My tattoo says "most ardently", it is written in Jane Austen's handwriting (font) and it is a quote from Pride and Prejudice. 
Now understand that it isn't taken directly from the book, it is actually from the 2005 movie adaptation starring Keira Knightly and Matthew Macfadyen.
I love both the book and the movie (I however don't like the version in which Collin Firth is Mr Darcy) but I chose the movie quote over the direct book quote as the book quote is as stated:

In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me 
to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” 

It's too long, and the ardently bit (the bit I wanted) on it's own doesn't make too much sense. Aesthetically, the movie quote is better suited for a tattoo.
If you're curious, here's the scene that it's in: 


WHAT IT MEANS TO ME

ar·dent [ahr·dnt] - adjective

  1. having, expressive of, or characterized by intense feeling;passionate; fervent: an ardent vow; ardent love.
  2. intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous: an ardent student of French history.
  3. vehement; fierce: They were frightened by his ardent, burningeyes.
  4. burning, fiery, or hot: the ardent core of a star.
To me this tattoo means to live passionately. To be passionate about what I do and since I'm a fashion and art student, passion makes such a difference in this line of work.
What made me fall even more in love with this tattoo and brought me to book the appointment and get it was the whole classic romanticism of the concept.

It only took about 10 minutes to do and only cost me £10! I love it 'most ardently' 



SAM'S FIRST TATTOO!

A few days ago, my boyfriend Sam got his first tattoo, which I actually designed when we were on holiday together in August. He has wanted a tattoo for ages now but could never settle on an idea. He originally wanted a half sleeve (he can't have tattoos on show as he's going to be a paramedic and the uniform would cover it, but when we started discussing an idea about a music scroll wrapping around his arm, I came up with and designed the concept of a Gibson Les Paul guitar with a piano scroll wrapping around it and we both decided that it would look and fit better on his leg. 
Music and playing guitar has been a big part of his life, since he was young, and he's really really good - check out his youtube channel if you want :)

This photo was taken a few hours after he had it done so it still looks red and a bit bloody but it will in a week, settle to black and white:



Both our tattoos were done at The Black Rose Tattoo Studio in Nottinghamshire

If you have any questions, feel free to comment below and ask :)!

Until next time,
-Pippa 

6 comments:

  1. omg i looove your tattoo... gorgeous! and i love pride and prejudice too - keira knightly is amazing in that adaption! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pippa!

    Thank you so much for the follow :) I've just followed you back, sorry its taken me a while I've not been keeping up to date due to uni work, ill etc etc!!

    I love your new tattoo! I want to go and get my second one too but god knows what to get!

    Hollie xx

    www.holliegrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tattoo, I can't wait until I get one!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE tattoos. Yours is so cute!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the font. What a lovely sentiment too. Fab tattoo!

    www.charlottescollection.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely tattoo!
    I must admit I've seen your tattoo all over the internet and have just now found the source. I've always been in love with it, and I find it interesting that your reasons for getting it are the exact same reasons that I want that phrase somewhere on my body. Right down to going with the movie's phrasing over the book's longer version, and the reminder to live my life with as much passion as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...